Deon Whitter


We are thrilled to feature the sensational Deon Whitter at Stunning Men! Deon is a true New Yorker from the Bronx.












Dee is a personal trainer and started a career in fashion and fitness modelling three years ago. Modelling brings him an incredible rush and that is a beautiful feeling to him.









If you like your men buff and sexy then Dee is the one! His work with some of the best photographers around shows off his stunning physique! His mixed background gives him an incredible edge and great diversity.










He is a very confident and ambitious man with clear goals and his passion and dedication will help him achieve those goals no matter what.








Make sure to support Dee and show him some love by visiting his facebook page and 'liking' it! You can also follow him on twitter and why not check out his webpage?







Vital statistics
Height: 5'19"
Weight: 170lbs
Chest: 44"
Waist: 32"
Hair colour: brown
Eye colour: brown







Many thanks to Dee for accepting our invitation to feature and doing the interview with us. Our thanks also to Lamont Pinckney of Crew Models International for his help.




Here's Dee's interview in full


Dee, welcome to Stunning Men and a big thank you for taking the time to do the interview. Could we start off by talking a little about yourself? You currently live in the Bronx, New York ... are you from there?

Yes, I was born and raised in the Bronx, NYC.  Still residing in the Bronx.  I am 40 years old, Jamaican and Irish male model. I am a Program Director for an After School program and also a Personal Trainer.  So as you can see I’m a busy man. 



How long have you been modelling for?

I’ve been modelling for 3 years now.  I got into this business later in life and I think for the best because I am much more mature and confident now. 



How did it all happen?

I was approached to be a part of a tattoo magazine and after the shoot, I felt such a rush I wanted to have a photo shoot every day.  It was as if I was born to do this.  I know that sounds so cliché but it’s the truth.



What do you enjoy the most about it?

I enjoy emoting different images.  Seeing my alter ego come out is an amazing feeling.  Knowing that I have the courage to do it after years of doubting myself and never feeling good, sexy, cute enough and overcoming that way of thinking makes me enjoy it even more.



How do you prepare for shoots?

Intense fitness training, adequate diet and mentally getting into the zone of my alter ego. I get nervous before every shoot still, which is a good thing.  I still get goose bumps seeing my images or before a shoot or a gig.  I love what I do!



I imagine fitness is hugely important to you Dee ...

I love fitness which is a major part of my life and not just for modelling purposes, but for sanity.  Working out keeps me sane, stress free and healthy.   I’m in my “happy place” when I model and workout.  I allow my alter ego to come out.  Dee Whitt is my alter ego and he is ready to conquer!



You have an amazing physique! How do you keep in shape and healthy? Do you practise any sport?

I work out 4-5 days a week, twice a day.  I do a mixture of cardio, callisthenics, and heavy weight training.  I also watch my diet even though I eat like a beast.  Everything in moderation I say.



What are your top three favourite gym exercises and why?

Dips, pull ups, push-ups.  All three I do daily.  Doing these exercises has toned my body incredibly.  Using your own body weight in a workout to me is vital.  If you can’t lift your own body weight then that’s no good. I just don’t want to look strong, but I want to feel strong and be strong.



And what’s the best form of cardio for you?

Running!!!  It’s a full body workout.  Plus I get into a zone and I just go ...



Now how do you keep motivated?

With me there is no turning back.  I want to see all that I do through.  I don’t want to begin something and then stop.  Consistency is key.  Plus you only live once - that we know of - and I want to see all my possibilities in life, so with that I stay motivated in living out my passion.




Is it difficult for you to fit training and fitness into your life?

At times it’s tough.  Between my day job and personal life, I’ve been married for 2 years now, it can be difficult but I’ve learned that I can manage it all and it’s important for me to be able to fit all that I love into my life. And I do.  Plus, being active and diligent with my fitness calms me down.  At this point in my life, I have to stay on top of my game.  There’s no slowing down ... only moving up.  If you want to achieve certain things in life, hard work must be accomplished.  It’s difficult, yes but I love it. I love the difficulty and challenge. It keeps things interesting, less boring.



We know that you guys keep a healthy lifestyle ... but if you had a cheat day, what would be your favourite food?

Pepperoni pizza for sure!  My stomach just growled thinking about it (Dee smiles).



May I say that you are a stunning looking guy? What do you think is your best asset?

Thank you. Yes, you can say that (Dee smiles again). My chest is my best feature.  It’s 44” and I’ve seen it grow from a bird chest to what it is now. 



And a very impressive chest it is too!

And that’s from hard work and dedication.  My dad had me do push ups morning and night since the age of 16. My chest definitely didn’t grow over night.



And if you could change one thing about your body, what would that be?

Most definitely a tighter stomach.  The stomach is the harder part of one’s body to maintain.  I do my best at maintaining … well I hope do.



How do you approach a challenge?

I approach a challenge by just going at it.  It’s a battle, I’m a fighter and I don’t like to lose.  Gotta go at it full throttle, guns blazing!!!



What do you do in your down time?

Enjoy married life and personal life. I love hanging at home relaxing, watching TV and hanging with my close friends. Sometimes I can get extremely busy so I cherish those down times where I can just be, you know.



Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?

My little brother who passed away 7 years ago.  He told me before he passed to go after my heart’s desires and don’t let anyone nor anything keep me from living out my passions.



Now a few quick fun questions if we may? Do you think you are a good date?

I am! (smile)  I am a funny guy.  Having a good sense of humour is key.



What do you think is the secret to a good relationship?

Communication, for sure.  Plus keeping things interesting.  A relationship can become very monotonous so it’s important to keep things engaging and entertaining.




Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?

Boxer trunk kinda guy!



What do you listen to on your iPod?

Everything from Hip Hop to Salsa.  I have an eclectic musical mind.



Your favourite song or piece of music to play while training or running?

Tribal House or 90’s HIP HOP.



What kind of movies do you like?

I love comedies and suspense.



What can’t you live without?

My pull up bar.



Could you finish these two sentences? You wouldn’t know it, but I’m very good at …  
I have a beautiful 8 piece drum set, but I’m very good at keeping it clean.



Now ... I’m just not very good at …

Playing it!



What’s the best thing ever invented?

Weights!



Now, how did I know you were going to say that? What three words describe you best?

Confident, optimistic and content.



One last question Dee, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 year’s time?

I see myself continuing doing what I’m doing because I love it!  I would love to have a few magazine covers under my belt and a billboard ad or two.  But definitely inspiring others to pursue their passions regardless of age.  We can accomplish anything we want as long as we want to. My possibilities are endless and I plan on enjoying my ride.



Dee, it has been a real pleasure to interview you! Thank you for your time and for being such good sport. All the best for the future!

It is my pleasure and I thank you as well.  I’m flattered and humbled by this opportunity. I wish to also thank the photographers who have so far contributed their brilliant work to my portfolio, especially those pictured here. Lastly, my sincerest gratitude to Lamont Pinckney of Crew ModelsInternational for his dedicated assistance and support.




Comments